Can't automate Bypass function in Logic Pro 9

TSE808
littlealfred

Can't automate Bypass function in Logic Pro 9

Postby littlealfred » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:22 pm

I'm trying to automate the Bypass parameter in the TSE 808 within Logic Pro 9. I've got the plugin set up on an audio channel but when I program in automation that takes the plugin's Bypass state from 0 to 1, the plugin ignores the automation — that is, the pedal stays on its 'clean' (off) setting and doesn't apply the effect to the audio track.

Am I doing something wrong? How can I get Logic to automate this action?

onqel
Site Admin

Re: Can't automate Bypass function in Logic Pro 9

Postby onqel » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:08 pm

This is the standalone plugin right?
Lead Developer
TSE AUDIO

littlealfred

Postby littlealfred » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:13 pm

Yes, this is the standalone AU plugin running in Logic Pro 9.

SteffHell

Postby SteffHell » Fri May 01, 2015 4:02 pm

Hello,
I have the exact same problem:
Automating the bypass parameter for tse 808 and tse r47 (standalone) doesn't work in SONAR.

All other automation is working fine:
I can automate all the other parameters, can create my automation lanes and the plugin reads it and reacts accordingly.

Only the bypass parameter shows this strange behaviour:
1. When I record my fader moves into an automation lane it doesn't record it correctly.
Normally it should create a continuous line at the bottom or at the top for the two different states, bypass on/off. Instead when I click the bypass button it just clickly jumps from bottom to top or vise versa and then imidiately switches back. So my recorded automation lane doesn't show two different lanes but only one lane with quick spikes whenever I tried to change the bypass parameter.

2. But even if I draw automation lanes by hand and do it correctly it doesn't read it. At that point in the timeline when the automation lane changes, the bypass button on the plugins interface reacts as if it had been pressed but the plugin doesn't really change the sound.

The behaviour goes in both directions. It doesn't matter if I start with bypass on or off. I can use both when I activate it by hand but with automation I cannot change it to the other state.

Return to “TSE808”