Creating a natural feedback effect?

TSE X50
Dr.BeatDown

Creating a natural feedback effect?

Postby Dr.BeatDown » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:44 pm

Hi there, just wanted to let you know x50 v2 is amazing! Got a question though. The only thing that no amp sim has is natural feedback. I know softube has an acoustic feedback but it's monophonic and it's really bad imo. Do you think you could create a polyphonic feedback effect? (That actually works without an expression pedal like with a real amp!) This would be the most amazing thing ever. Also, I would like it to work in headphones or monitors without cranking the monitors to insane volumes. I hope you can develop something like this. Thanks in advance.

m3adi3c

Re: Creating a natural feedback effect?

Postby m3adi3c » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:58 am

I second this request, the only drawback that I see about amp sims compared to real amps is the ability to create feedback, controllable, "musical" kind of thing :) . I have no knowledge on DSP or programming so I don't know if it is "doable", but man, would that be great...

Studiostriver

Postby Studiostriver » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:21 pm

Dr.BeatDown wrote:Hi there, just wanted to let you know x50 v2 is amazing! Got a question though. The only thing that no amp sim has is natural feedback. I know softube has an acoustic feedback but it's monophonic and it's really bad imo. Do you think you could create a polyphonic feedback effect? (That actually works without an expression pedal like with a real amp!) This would be the most amazing thing ever. Also, I would like it to work in headphones or monitors without cranking the monitors to insane volumes. I hope you can develop something like this. Thanks in advance.

Really wonderful idea.More realism is what we needed,but to the point how the real 6505 natural feedback works.As an option turn/on off,little potentiometer where you can dialed how much you like for certain stuff,rhythm,solo,and too much as effect...

Dr.BeatDown

Postby Dr.BeatDown » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:29 pm

Studiostriver wrote:
Dr.BeatDown wrote:Hi there, just wanted to let you know x50 v2 is amazing! Got a question though. The only thing that no amp sim has is natural feedback. I know softube has an acoustic feedback but it's monophonic and it's really bad imo. Do you think you could create a polyphonic feedback effect? (That actually works without an expression pedal like with a real amp!) This would be the most amazing thing ever. Also, I would like it to work in headphones or monitors without cranking the monitors to insane volumes. I hope you can develop something like this. Thanks in advance.

Really wonderful idea.More realism is what we needed,but to the point how the real 6505 natural feedback works.As an option turn/on off,little potentiometer where you can dialed how much you like for certain stuff,rhythm,solo,and too much as effect...

Exactly! Your idea would be amazing.

Studiostriver

Postby Studiostriver » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:07 pm

Dr.BeatDown wrote:
Studiostriver wrote:

Exactly! Your idea would be amazing.

Lets keep fingers crossed. :)

m3adi3c wrote:I second this request, the only drawback that I see about amp sims compared to real amps is the ability to create feedback, controllable, "musical" kind of thing :) . I have no knowledge on DSP or programming so I don't know if it is "doable", but man, would that be great...

Yea that would be very tricky I guess.

onqel
Site Admin

Postby onqel » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:08 pm

I haven't tested digital feedback software to be honest, it might be possible to model one way or another, but my initial thought is that a expression pedal or similar will be required for the amount of feedback.. this could of course be automated in the DAW.
A separate plugin wouldn't be possible to recreate "real feedback", it's better done inside the plugin..
I have no real plans of doing this, but I will think about it and maybe run a few tests.. :)
Lead Developer
TSE AUDIO

Studiostriver

Postby Studiostriver » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:42 am

onqel wrote:I haven't tested digital feedback software to be honest, it might be possible to model one way or another, but my initial thought is that a expression pedal or similar will be required for the amount of feedback.. this could of course be automated in the DAW.
A separate plugin wouldn't be possible to recreate "real feedback", it's better done inside the plugin..
I have no real plans of doing this, but I will think about it and maybe run a few tests.. :)

Well it do not has to be controlled with pedal,like in real world we have no control with amp natural feedback.In my humble opinion,as I mentioned simple potentiometer for controlling amount of feedback for certain purposes would be just fine.

Dr.BeatDown

Postby Dr.BeatDown » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:51 pm

Studiostriver wrote:
onqel wrote:I haven't tested digital feedback software to be honest, it might be possible to model one way or another, but my initial thought is that a expression pedal or similar will be required for the amount of feedback.. this could of course be automated in the DAW.

Well it do not has to be controlled with pedal,like in real world we have no control with amp natural feedback.In my humble opinion,as I mentioned simple potentiometer for controlling amount of feedback for certain purposes would be just fine.

+1

Dr.BeatDown

Postby Dr.BeatDown » Mon May 11, 2015 1:26 am

Hey onqel,

Any update on this? Cheers

onqel
Site Admin

Postby onqel » Sun May 17, 2015 9:50 pm

nope unfortunately I haven't had the time to experiment with this yet, maybe after the v2.4 release of X50 (June 5th)
Lead Developer
TSE AUDIO

Return to “TSE X50”