question about x50 2.0 presets

General Discussion about TSE AUDIO products
Windir

question about x50 2.0 presets

Postby Windir » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:39 pm

hi there.waiting for the new version of your tse x 50,i have a question for you.
Will it be possible to see some presets inspired to the most important heavy\death\thrash\black metal bands when the new product will be availible??
Thanks,and congratulations for your stuff!

Windir

Re: question about x50 2.0 presets

Postby Windir » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:02 pm

Hi Onqel,sorry if I asked for the presets,i'm interested in buying your new product so I wanted to know! To have some presets it's not a bad idea.
For the payment method do you accept paypal only? and again,how much time is left until the release?
last,I hope the new x50 will be more cpu friendly than the old one..

sorry for all the questions,bye. :)

onqel
Site Admin

Postby onqel » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:41 am

Hi

I haven't implemented presets (yet), I wasn't sure if people wanted that option as presets are generally hated :lol:
If I don't get time to add the feature in the initial release I will add some presets in an early update.

Quick A/B of the old vs new show some improvements in cpu reduction

mono instance, 4X oversampling: 1.7% (new version, TSE808 disabled + IR loader disabled) vs 2.3% (old version)
Lead Developer
TSE AUDIO

Windir

Postby Windir » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:47 pm

ok thanks for the answer Onkel.
Really impatient for the new stuff.
And about oversampling,am I wrong or does it reduce noises and phase problems?

onqel
Site Admin

Postby onqel » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:19 pm

Oversampling reduces noise by giving the lowpass filters more room to work with, with the benefit of throwing away digital noise / artifacts that shouldnt be there. Oversampling by itself doesnt fix phase issues, instead they make new ones :P
That is a fact with basically every oversampling routine that isn't minphase or linearphase.. Those methods require a higher cpu consumption (bigger amount of filters/filterlength) to match the same performance and is therefore not very suitable for real-time applications.. You will need zero-phase filters to avoid phase shifts and that is all non-realtime since you need to know the entire signal before you process it.. I've written more about the subject in the upcoming manual.
Lead Developer
TSE AUDIO

Windir

Postby Windir » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:12 pm

ok,thanks for your kind reply and clarification Onkel.The wait for the new x50 is killing me,i look forward to work with your new beast. :lol:

Dr.BeatDown

Postby Dr.BeatDown » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:39 pm

Does the latest version have presets?

Return to “General Discussion”