First Mix with X50

Show us your tracks, mixes and productions
Crucified

First Mix with X50

Postby Crucified » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:26 am

Hey Guys,

just bought the TSE X50 V2 yesterday and I'm totally blown away by the sound and feel of it. Great work!
Today is the first time I actually tried it in a mix and I think it sounds great, even though it's a short piece :D

Have a listen if you like, constructive criticism is always welcome :)

https://soundcloud.com/lukasschuft/tse- ... onia-mundi

SteffHell

Re: First Mix with X50

Postby SteffHell » Fri May 01, 2015 4:05 pm

That sounds great!
No criticism, but if you don't mind tell more about the ingredients of that sound.

How much of it is the guitar, the pickups, the x50 settings, the mix?
I am still learning and always try to get a better understanding about these things.

Crucified

Re: First Mix with X50

Postby Crucified » Sun May 03, 2015 9:12 am

Hey, thank you:)

So for the Hardware i used my Schecter Hellraiser Avenger with Bare Knuckle Juggernauts. Goin into my Focusrite Sapphire 6.
For the tone in x50 i used the OD808, the red channel, dialed back the lows and the mids and turned the gain just so that it sounds beefy enough without getting too muddy. You'll develop an ear for that over time! The cabinet i used was one i bought from Rosen Digital, the EVH 5150. I really recommend it.
I mix and record in Reaper so i used the stock plugins for EQ and Compression, the Drums are EZdrummer2 with Made of Metal. I'm not the hidden mastermind when it comes to mixing, i just do what sounds good haha.
For the Lead Tone i used practically the same preset as for the rythm, put a little bit of reverb on it so it fits a little bit better in the overall mix.
And on the master bus i put a Saturation plugin and ezmix 2, also another great handy plugin if you wanna look into it. It can do all sorts of things.
Hope my glibberish clears some things up for you, maybe don't. Sorry English is not my first Language :)
The best things you can do, and you probably know that, is to just record and mix as much as you can. Try to improve with every mix, even just a little. Watch tutorials and read and learn everything you can, it won't hurt you. And in time you'll see that greatness awaits.
And always remember to record tight, without that the best tone can't help you!

Have a great day m8.

Return to “Music”