TSE BOD problem

TSE BOD
jreinhard

TSE BOD problem

Postby jreinhard » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:35 am

I love the sound of BOD but I have a problem using it in Reaper 4.77 (64bit) on the windows platform. Sometimes when I load an existing project, BOD output changes. Sometimes it is 2-4dB louder, other times it is 2-4dB quieter. Once it is in this state, adjusting the parameters or reloading the project won't fix it. In fact in one case the parameters were completely unresponsive. The only fix I have found is to use a new instantiation of BOD and delete the old one and then things are back to normal (for a while).

I have been stung a couple of times going into existing projects to make a small tweak to something unrelated to BOD, and then after rendering the project without carefully listening to the bass first. It isn't until listening to the playback later that I notice something is wrong.

Is anyone else seeing something similar?

TheDarkProject

Re: TSE BOD problem

Postby TheDarkProject » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:37 pm

Yes! I came here for exactly this reason. I have several projects in Sonar which all use the same FX chain preset, where one of the plugins there is TSE BOD, and yet 2 projects sounded a lot quieter than the other 5 which shared the preset. I'm actually seeing peaks of 8dB to 10dB lower. And this attenuation comes from inside the plugin - in the 'loud' project, clicking the bypass button maintains roughly the same output level (as that's how I'd intentionally set it up), but in the quiet project, the output is a lot lower unless BOD is bypassed.

I had previously thought it was because I was accidentally mixing v2.0 and v2.1 across my projects (as they look identical in the UI, at least to me), but now after ensuring my comparison projects are both running v2.1, I can see that it is definitely a problem inside 2.1 (and maybe in 2.0 as well, not sure). It could be Windows-specific but it's not Reaper specific, I can say that much.

I will probably have to ditch the plugin if there's no fix for this soon. :(

philip_marivoet

Postby philip_marivoet » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:07 am

I have the same problem.
Messed up some mixes because of this :(

Using TSE BOD v2.1 and the latest version of reaper.
Reloading the project will sometimes fix the problem for me.

chaqmer

Postby chaqmer » Sun May 08, 2016 7:42 pm

Hi all,

I have a similar problem, great plugin but very unstable. I'm running it on Mac with Logic X and the problem I'm having is very similar to those described here. I divide my bass sound into 3 Aux channels (Low, Overdrive and Distortion) and use BOD on the overdrive one. Everything sounds great until I have to close the project and then open it again, something really bad happens, it's suddenly much louder than originally (around 50%). Funny thing is that when I create a new Aux with the same input and output busses and just drag BOD to the new Aux it works properly but then again - I save it and reopen and we're back to the louder version.

W

onqel
Site Admin

Postby onqel » Tue May 10, 2016 4:51 pm

this is an issue with the v2.1 version, unfortunately I didn't discover it myself before releasing it.

I won't have time to work on it until my exams are over in a couple of weeks, but a fix is coming

- John
Lead Developer
TSE AUDIO

jreinhard

Postby jreinhard » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:28 pm

Has there been any progress on this issue?

melodeath

Postby melodeath » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:22 am

Hi, I came here to say I'm also having this issue. I LOVE the plug-in, but this bug is killing me. I'm using 2.1 in Reaper on OS X

By the way, I don't think the Contact form on the website is working.

pdsouza

Postby pdsouza » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:31 pm

Confirming that this issue shows up with TSE BOD v2.1.0 on Logic Pro X whenever I reload the project. The output is much quieter than usual, which messes up my compressor chain. I have to remove the plugin, and add it back again to fix it.

Love this plugin, so hope to see a fix soon. Again, thanks for your time on this and making it free!

Schooley

Postby Schooley » Mon May 01, 2017 2:24 pm

jreinhard wrote:Has there been any progress results on this issue?

Hey Jrein, i don't think so. Are you still having this problem like I am?
Last edited by Schooley on Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jreinhard

Postby jreinhard » Mon May 01, 2017 3:31 pm

I haven't been using it because it was too unreliable. I haven't seen any updates so I assume the problem still exists.

Return to “TSE BOD”